The challenge in the radio business is creativity, organization and innovation. Planet Radio’s internships are designed to be flexible, and will vary with season and with the level of station activity. Interns will be required to offer their ideas and take ownership of their position with the knowledge that he or she represents the radio station at all times.
The Intern will be part of the staff at the station’s events and will be expected to take part in the various activities, as needed. Hours vary from week to week and may include evenings and weekends. The estimated number of hours we expect the Intern to work is 12-15 per week. You must be currently enrolled in school and earning educational credit to qualify for the program.
Position Title: Promotions Department Intern
Supervisor: Alyssa Gipson, Event Coordinator, 574-258-5483 Ext: 227
Intern duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Set up and Tear down of onsite promotions
• General execution of various promotions
• Performing daily operations of the promotions department
• Interns may be required to lift and/or move equipment
The internship program is designed to expose Interns to:
• Different forms of promotions – both on-air and onsite
• The flow of promotions – How promotion concepts are conceived and executed
• General aspects of the radio industry including sales, programming, production, creative development and events planning
We are looking for high-energy, dedicated students who want to get a taste of the radio industry. Please contact us if you are interested in an internship.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer